Free Web Site Counter
University A Conservative Harvest: A Boston Tea Party ...(Assholes)

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

A Boston Tea Party ...(Assholes)

Nothing upsets me more than someone else wasting my money. If I choose to go on a vacation or buy something I don’t need, it is my money and my business. On the other hand if someone else WASTES my money, well, Houston we have a problem.

I wonder if this will offend you? In reading Joe Scarborough’s book “Rome Wasn’t Burnt in a Day”, he explains how congressmen from both political parties were lining bills labeled for September 11th terrorist relief needs with pork projects for their home districts. They used the deaths of 3,000 American citizens to masquerade their desire for pathetically lame pork spending. Congressmen continued that same style of concern in the months leading up to the Iraq war. In the year leading up to the war pork spending reached historical amounts. Evidently our leaders in Congress had a higher priority for pork projects than spending on such things as body armor for troops.

We have heard in the last few weeks from the Kerry campaign that President Bush left our soldiers short of the necessary supplies needed for war. It is Congresses responsibility to appropriate spending not the Presidents. We also know that President Bush has met no bill worth vetoing. When it was time for Kerry and his fellow members of Congress to prioritize spending between pork for reelection and supplies for troops, they chose pork for reelection. Kerry now has the gall to question the support of the military by the President. At a minimum our local Congressmen (Dorgan, Conrad, and Pomeroy) could have the decency to tell us what special pork projects they were able to secure for our benefit. You are not naive enough to believe that North Dakota politicians don’t like pork, are you? They love to bring home the bacon (see article Badge of Honor on this website). You cannot argue with one hand that the troops are not supported while on the other hand vote for wasteful projects that take money away from that very support.

The hypocrisy from which these guys speak is amazing. They believe most voters are stupid and they are right. It angers and disgusts me when I see things like this but it also amazes me. I am amazed because I can’t believe more people don’t join me in being pissed off. Our politicians are assholes and in no way have the interest of the country in mind. If they say so, they are lying. Will we ever see the day where country is put ahead of reelection? Not in my lifetime unless you join me in calling for another Boston tea party. Get mad and send the assholes home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home