Free Web Site Counter
University A Conservative Harvest: What Are You Thinking …(Schweety Balls)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What Are You Thinking …(Schweety Balls)

We now have new “Noonday” on WDAY radio hosts. It was announced today that Darcy and Angie have won the contest for the position of talk show host from noon to two on the radio. Many people were given a chance to show their ability on the radio over the past month or so with the winner(s) announced today. Knowing the politeness of the people of Fargo-Moorhead I am going to make a prediction. It can already be declared even before their first show that Darcy and Angie are doing a wonderful job and are perfect for radio. Content and delivery have nothing to do with it. They are one of us so therefore they are terrific. This is how it works in our area.

I listened to a many of the potential hosts and heard the Darcy and Angie radio audition. My immediate thought was these are the hosts from the Saturday Night Live skit “Schweety Balls”. Yes, Fargo now has its own version of the NPR ladies, Margaret Jo McCullen and Teri Rialto from that famous SNL skit. Bill Bennett’s radio show “Good Morning in America" recently had a discussion on a new book discussing the feminizing of American men. I have a hunch if you listen to this new show you will get first hand evidence of it. In no way am I saying every host needs to be a man. I am saying they need a pulse. The woman who hosted on Monday of this week I felt was terrific. I didn’t think it was possible to get worse than Jack & Sandy but I was mistaken. Amazing, I had just gotten over my Lynn Nichols nightmares.

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fold the but-ter with the spat-u-la

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!that didn't stay on the hot-talk blog for long!:O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home