Free Web Site Counter
University A Conservative Harvest: Cry Of The Loon ...(The Smoking Gun)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Cry Of The Loon ...(The Smoking Gun)

What follows is a transcript from a CSPAN interview between Brian Lamb and Randi Rhodes on December 18th. It confirms what everyone believed about the decision of Democrats to use Ed Schultz as there mouthpiece. Please read and enjoy.

LAMB: Go back to the meeting, how long were you there?
RHODES: Where?
LAMB: With the Senators?
RHODES: I think they gave me an hour or so. And it was very – we ate lunch, which of course, I didn‘t eat, because I was terrified. But 30 Senators showed up. I was amazed. For me it was like, I kept saying, when I got on the air, I talked about it and I said it was like being at Walt Disney World. Do you ever got to like the good Disney hotels in Disney and you see your favorite characters? Like Mickey comes out and Donald comes out. I go, well I watch C-SPAN, so like these are my characters – these are my TV characters. And it was like, you know, here comes (INAUDIBLE). And you know, let‘s face it a lot of Senators aren‘t recognized by people.
I was going oh my God, that‘s (INAUDIBLE). Oh my God, that‘s Dick Durbin. Oh my god, that‘s Dorgan. Oh my God, that‘s Tom Daschle. Oh my god, and, you know, everybody knows Hillary, obviously, she was First Lady of the United States. But how many recognize Barbara Mikulski and know that she makes a mean crab cake.
You know, so it was fantastic. I was too nervous to eat. I guess they liked me. And so then they organized a lunch at Mary Landrieu‘s house. And I was invited to this lunch. And again, it was, you know, democrat senators with an interest in media and getting our message out. And they thought that – they had had 30 people that they had spoken two, and it came down to two that they really liked and thought could do it. And it was me and this guy at Schultz (ph).
LAMB: From North Dakota?
RHODES: Yes. And he was there because Daschle was scarred.
LAMB: He‘s South Dakota, but he‘s from that area.
RHODES: Yes, I do that too. Anyway, I …
LAMB: And they were going to select one of the two of you?
RHODES: They were – I don‘t know exactly what the plan was, I do now. I didn‘t that day. And all I know is that Ed got up and he made this big presentation. And then they looked at me and I thought was just there to have lunch. And I remember being terrific. I don‘t like public speaking, all that much. It‘s weird with people, you know, I‘m so used to my little cubicle.
And so I remember, I didn‘t even get up to the front of the room, I was too scared. I was sitting next to Senator Durbin who‘s very funny. I mean he was – he had me entertained the whole lunch. On the other side of me, I won‘t say who it was, it wasn‘t a politician, there was a man who explaining my lunch to me, like oh you poor sweet little country mouse, you won‘t understand the fancy Washington food. This is squash.
LAMB: In the Senate?
RHODES: No. It wasn‘t a politician.
LAMB: This is Mary Landrieu‘s house.
RHODES: It was at her house. It wasn‘t a servant either. It was an invited guest. And he was saying OK, this is a squash, and in it is squash soup. And they just serve it in the squash. And I was like, I was so insulted, plus I was nervous. And then all of a sudden I hear my name, and applause, and I‘m like so I put my knee on my chair, and I just – I stood up and I was like I was shaking. I didn‘t even know what I was supposed to be talking about. And the next thing I know I hear 250, 350. I hear and I think they‘re giving dollars, a silent auction, a charity. You know, they‘re giving to rescue aid. It turns out it was 250,000, 350,000.
LAMB: So these are business people in the…
RHODES: What it was, it was the best donors that the Senate could find for me. And this is the way Washington operates, so they were being kind.
LAMB: Did you like that when you saw that all of that?
RHODES: I hated it. I actually got on the air, and said I feel like I just got off the Amistad. I feel like I‘ve just been on the slave auction block. Now I know what it feels like to be auctioned off.
LAMB: What were they going to do with the money?
RHODES: They were going to start a syndication for us. They were going to give us, you know, the money we needed to start it up.
LAMB: And Ed Schultz (ph) is now on Air America.
RHODES: He took the money. I actually gave him the money that day. I stood outside. I did my broadcast in Washington that day. And I went downstairs and I said, you can have it. Whatever they raise, I don‘t want it. I‘m just – first of all I‘m not going to be mouthpiece for the party. I don‘t agree with a lot of the things that they say and do. And I need to be free to say so. I don‘t walk – I‘m not a republican. I‘m not a trained sheep. I‘m not a lemming. I don‘t just follow.
The reason why democrats are democrats is because we‘re born leaders. We don‘t want a strong leader. That‘s why we can‘t even agree on a meeting. Democrats will meet for 15 minutes about how to meet because everybody‘s got the best idea. We‘ll serve Danish. No I think Danish could be sloppy. Let‘s do a cracker. This is democrats everybody‘s got the big idea, which is why it‘s so insulting when they say democrats have no ideas. We have great ideas, but we have too many of them.

Watch the entire show here: listen

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you would come through on this. I caught wind of this several days ago, but did not have time to read the transcript let alone see the video. C-span will sell it for 20 bucks, so you know it is good,or should I say damaging to a chump progressive who lies out of his ass more than the politicians who backed him, do on a daily basis. Yep old fast Eddy, they call him fast Eddy cause he likes fast lies and loose women ooopppps I mean loose lips. Which he has plenty of.

I find a couple of things of interest in the Rhoades video. One is the backing of a lib by the senators coming down to her and Schultz. That is like doing a national search for KFGO and getting Joel Heitkamp, holy ---- are they desperate. She is a lib, just like Schultz claims to be or progressive or whatever will work for him since he has no convictions, and you can tell the lib by the way their voices raise and how they shout out the people they debate. Pick a fight with any lib and it only takes a little point where you are right and watch them scream like they just dropped an anvil on their foot. They cannot argue sensibly so loud always is their plan B.

I think this video or rather the part of the Lib's buying their voice, needs to be pushed as hard as Armstrong Williams and the bald fella who was beat on about chumming the repubs as part of the white house press corps. We have stated many times what a lying sack of ---- Schultz is and this is just proof of his sellout of everything. He has the big voice it is too bad he does not have the brains, which he borrows from his producer. Rhoades also points out the copycat of media, and all you have to do is listen to Limbaugh and then listen to Schultz to hear the exact opposite.

Again, it is great that you put this out here, and I hope many more people can see this transcript to see what a scam this drunk and stupid Schultz really is.

PS- I am curious as to how much senated support was out there for Sean Hannity or Mike Savage or Bill O'Reilly when they first started. Good to see the Dems who are all about the small person, have the fat cats to drop 250-350,000 dollars to have their own radio show.

Keep up the good work

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, ok, whatever, you are just jealous because Scott Hennen show's ratings are in the tiolet. Last time I checked, he didn't have a national talk show. Joel Hietkamp beats him all the time. Ed Schultz is the 11th rated talk show in the county and he has only been on for a couple years. Don't act like Republican radio talk show hosts are so great and so independent. Everyone knows most just spew the RNC talking points every day. Scott Hennen spews the identical stuff Sean Hannity does all the time. When Hannity was pimping the Schiavo case (actually saying documented lies), Hennen was saying the same stuff. I am saying documented lies because he put on people who literally slandered Michael Shiavo. I hope you keep trying to keep feeding tubes and people and decide whether someone has the right to die or not, it worked REALLY well for you. You got slammed by the same strict constructionist judges you so love HA HA HA.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey weenie, where did I say anything about judges in my reply. You might want to check your facts about ratings, by the way. Scott Hennen's ratings are near tie with the loser on KFGO, who is still riding the coatails of dumb ass shultz. I never said shultz could not get ratings, if you lie enough, sooner or later people believe the lie. You might want to check into radio a bit and see how phony it is and how it actually works, or maybe you are one of ed's cronies as I cannot believe an average person would stick up for him. Have a nice day.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to determine a list of sponsors of Fat Ed's show locally, but I can't stand to listen to the idiot for more than a few minutes. So far, I have Home Depot at a sponsor during KFGO's airing of Ed's bile. Any others out there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home