Free Web Site Counter
University A Conservative Harvest: What Are You Thinking …(Closet Catholics)

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

What Are You Thinking …(Closet Catholics)

A new Pope has been chosen. Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger became Pope Benedict XVI. He was a popular choice among the 116 Cardinals voting but does not seem to be very popular for some Catholics and most non-Catholics. Cable news channels were filled with non-Catholic guests voicing their opinion’s on the new Pope last night. Allow me a brief non-Christian rant on their opposition and dismay to the new Pope.

Again, I must state that I am a Catholic. I am not the greatest Catholic but non-the less I am a Catholic. As a Catholic, I really don’t have to listen to what a non-Catholic’s thoughts are about recommendations on what a Catholic Pope should do. I don’t understand why these folks are even asked to be guests discussing the selection of a Pope. I do not go around making statements about who is in charge of the Protestants or Baptists or Evangelicals. I could care less. I realize the Catholic Church with over one billion people has a great affect on the world but I am not interested in listening to a non-Catholic telling me what my church should do to become more liberal.

Religion by definition should be very conservative. Pope Benedict XVI views on gay marriage and women in the priesthood are as they should be. Every town is filled with different churches. There are as many different churches as there are restaurants. If you don’t like what is on the menu go order from a different one. If you can’t handle the one you’re a part of, well then, find a different one but don’t expect the church to change to satisfy your views. I do not agree with all Catholic stances but at least as a CATHOLIC my opinion is valid.

With so many “outsiders” so anxious to state their recommendations to the new Pope, I wonder if maybe they are “closet Catholics”. Maybe deep down they are just a bunch of wannabes. Maybe deep in their hearts they wish they were actually followers of the Pope. If that is in fact true, I welcome them into the church. If not, KEEP YOUR OPINION TO YOURSELF, WHAT THE NEW POPE’S VIEWS ARE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're gross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home