Free Web Site Counter
University A Conservative Harvest: A Boston Tea Party ... (Keep My Family Safe and Take Less From Me)

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Boston Tea Party ... (Keep My Family Safe and Take Less From Me)

There are two things I expect from my government. The number one thing I expect from my elected officials is to keep my family safe. National defense is more important than any social program the government can create. I don't understand how anyone who watched the twin towers come down, doesn't have anger still burning in his heart. I want my President to go after each and every Islamic terrorist as well as each and every rogue nation. I want them to spend every tax dollar necessary to keep the fight as far away from the shores of the United States as possible. I want my borders protected. I want visitors here on visas monitored. I even want the patriot act to be as tough as deemed necessary to make sure we can find people who want to blow us up before they get the chance. I WANT my family safe.

The other issue that rises above all others is taxes. Take less of my paycheck and everyone else's paycheck. Move to a flat tax or a national sales tax. Cut programs to pay for what is considered most important. But don't take anymore of my money. Paying property, school, gas, state, sales, social security, and income taxes all adds up. The key to a balanced budget is not collecting more taxes but spending less. Just like I do with my own budget. We never hear anything about spending less from either political party. Why? cuz that won't get them elected. Don't tell me just that you are going to lower taxes also tell me where you will cut spending. Don't always tell me that the economy will grow and that is how you will pay for all the programs we have. IS there some unwritten rule that once a government program is established it is tenured? It can't be deemed unnecessary? It can't be canceled? Voted down? Retired? I don't care what you call it just stop spending so much of my money on things I don't want. Our government creates a citizenry of dependents that never hear "no". They make us believe we can have it all and pay for it later. Well I am tired of giving them my money.
PROTECT MY FAMILY AND STAY OUT OF MY WALLET!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home