Free Web Site Counter
University A Conservative Harvest: A Boston Tea Party…(You Can Have My Chair)

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A Boston Tea Party…(You Can Have My Chair)

Respect your elders. I tell my kids they should. I was taught that I should, and I still do. I show respect to all elderly people who are a part of my day. Elderly people can share their experiences and wisdom with anyone willing to listen. Respecting your elders is something everyone should do. It is one of those rules to live by.

However, every rule has an exception. Forgive me for this rant on the people I so respect. If you are 55 or older, please…please…SHUT UP!! I mean it, SHUT THE HELL UP!! Social Security reform has NOTHING to do with you. I don’t care what you think about it. Don’t you understand? It has NOTHING to do with you. Your lobbying to prevent the passage of something that has no affect on you. Your benefits won’t change. If you can’t help yourself from paying attention to the discussion, then keep your opinion to yourself.

You get to keep the same benefits you have now. You can have all your AARP discounts. I’ll still hold the door for you. I’ll have my kids mow your lawn. You can still be the first to sit down at the table and eat. I’ll even give up my chair so that you don’t have to stand.

Please understand, you don’t have a dog in this fight. How stupid it would be to have people this has nothing to do with causing it to fail. I ask anyone under 55 that if you have someone older than 55 discussing Social Security reform to tell them to shut their mouth. Explain to them why they should have no voice in this discussion and then remember to politely say “Thank you.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home